Along with the forthcoming Skyrim Special Edition remaster, Bioshock: The Collection stands as being one of this year’s more highly anticipated last gen re-releases. And whilst the upcoming Batman: Arkham Collection looks like it’s going to be nothing more than a shameless cash-grab, the Ken Levine created trilogy appears to be something that might actually be worth the wait.
As someone who has yet to play a Bioshock title (yes I know, shame on me), Bioshock: The Collection might just be the version to dip one’s toes in – if only because it includes remastered versions of all three games. So we get spiffing updates of Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Bioshock Infinite, across all the modern machines – that being the PS4, XBox One, and PC – with all the single player and DLC content included, as well as a Director’s Commentary featuring Ken Levine and Shawn Robertson. So a pretty grand package for not much £money, with the final package as follows:
- The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
- Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.
BioShock 2 (**Multiplayer will not be included)
- Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you’ve never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva’s Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
- Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.
- Burial at Sea – Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
- Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
- Columbia’s Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.